Author's Bio.

My photo
Mushroom Montoya circumnavigated the globe aboard the USS Trippe DE1075 after killing soldiers, woman and children in Viet Nam. Now, as a shaman, he heals the planet one person at a time. Mushroom Montoya has an active shamanic healing practice in Long Beach, California and he teaches at the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Cal State Univ. Long Beach.

Friday, September 27, 2013

Emailed Reviews

From Eileen Bossarte - Spetember 20, 2013
Hi!  This is Eileen from your early Osher days.  I don't have an Amazon account & had my son order your book.  Now I can't put my two cents in on Amazon but had to let you know how much I appreciated it.
So many levels.  But the sun came out every morning.  Thank you for the beautiful descriptions.  They acted as a counterweight for the rest.  Although the book is about the Viet Nam war, I found your drawing of the bias you met acted as a balloon that hung over all.  At least when not stuck on a ship you can turn it off.  No wonder you had your nightly scream.  (When life starts welling up on me I think of you and your persistent screaming & it helps.)
Appreciated your use of the Viet Nam lady to add sanity and let your years of learning forgiveness & love come through and I think (hope) writing this book has allowed you to go back to 1972 with the wisdom of now.
Congratulations.  Your "pearls" were indeed present.


From Dirk Brennecke - October 31,2014A few months back, I read and very much appreciated “Viet Nam Body Count”.
It provides very vivid reading, and reminded me of All Quiet on the Western Front and For Whom the Bell Tolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment