Author's Bio.

My photo
Mushroom Montoya circumnavigated the globe aboard the USS Trippe DE1075 after killing soldiers, woman and children in Viet Nam. Now, as a shaman, he heals the planet one person at a time. Mushroom Montoya has an active shamanic healing practice in Long Beach, California and he teaches at the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Cal State Univ. Long Beach.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Navy Issue Colt 45 Pistol

When I was trained to use a gun in the Navy, the drill instructor said.
"The only purpose a gun has is to kill.
Never pull it out of your holster unless you intend to kill.
It is not to be used to threaten, or wound.
It is only to be used for killing."
I carried one of these Colt 45 pistols everyday when I was in the Navy in Viet Nam.
I knew its lethal purpose.

1 comment:

  1. True words. I was an occasional sport shooter when I was much younger. Plinking at pop cans with a .22, eventually graduated to a 9mm. The fellow I was going out with was from a family of hunters. They were not rabid about those guns anymore than a joiner is rabid about his saws and hammers. They were tools.

    And fools weren't to be given delicate tools to misuse. They'd have asked a few pointed questions, watched them as they handled it and said, "Naw, I don't loan out my tools." They did, but only to those who knew the secrecy words and gestures of the initiate. The way it was to be held. The care that needed to be taken. The sense to know when a tool was needed, rather than bashing away at random.

    We need people who respect guns to watch out for the fools who say they "love" them.

    ReplyDelete